[Twisted-Python] Bloody Twisted VFS

Andy Gayton andy at thecablelounge.com
Mon Jul 7 23:12:01 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 3:32 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
> - Deferreds. You don't mention them at all, but the lack of
> asynchronous interfaces was one of the biggest problems we had with
> twisted.vfs.

It's pretty much Deferreds all the way:

> - "Decorators" like "read-only" and "chroot" could prove useful. Is
> there room in the design for such things?

Yeah, I'm all for flavouring backends with decorators.

That's why I keep trying to sneak this guy through ;)

You get chroot for free with the current FilePath based vfs
implementation.  In the previous version (trunk) of vfs there are
force user/force group and umask decorators.  I'd like to recreate
those once we get the new version merged.