[Twisted-Python] The right way to change a global variable in a Twisted server?

happybrowndog happybrowndog at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 03:14:47 EDT 2008

Is there a right way to change a global variable in a Twisted server
(this one is using PerspectiveBroker)?  What I am trying to do is allow
perspectivebroker clients to update a global variable on the twisted
server without colliding, ie: a counter that increases by 1 each time a
particular call is made to the Twisted server.  Each client has a
pb.Avatar attempting to update that global variable counter through a
method call on the class extended on pb.Avatar.  As the server is
select-based, am I wrong to assume that only one client is executing
pb.Avatar calls at a time?