[Twisted-Python] job posting: Flumotion

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jul 3 08:02:04 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I wanted to announce some new positions at Flumotion.  We're looking for
up to three "core" developers and a web developer.  The core developer
position involves Python and Twisted all the way; for the web developer
position it depends on the team's choice (currently python and Django is
being used a lot)

We're looking for talented, motivated and passionate developers who want
a healthy mix of working on a real commercial product and platform, and
the Free Software technologies they're based on.

Flumotion is a Spanish company, located in Barcelona, and part of the
Fluendo group.

Flumotion is our UNIX-based streaming server, written in Python, on top
of GStreamer and Twisted.  Our platform is a collection of Linux servers
distributed over Spain, as we're looking to expand our business further
into Europe. It handles several Gbit/s of streaming traffic.

We are also working on a commercial version of Flumotion, to be released
later this year.

We are looking for developers to:
- work on the core technology: the server, GStreamer integration, the
platform, scalability
- work on the box project: web frontend, usability
- work on the web projects: our website, our customer portal, and our
backoffice

If you like working with other hackers, on real-world projects, while
looking out over the sea and enjoying the good weather of Barcelona,
contact us! Feel free to drop me a mail at thomas (at) flumotion (dot)
com if you prefer to drop off your CV in a more human mailbox.

For more information, as well as complete job descriptions, see our
Hiring page: http://www.flumotion.com/en/hiring/

--
Now wait a minute...
you think I'm evil...