[Twisted-Python] ZSI using Twisted Web Server

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 1 07:59:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Torsten A. <c2k_list at gmx.de> wrote:
> Whenever I connect to the baseWS, the render-function is called and
> deligates the request to render_POST(), which I created. In render_POST() I
> can access the SOAP-Envelope via request.content.read(), just as supposed
> to. Now, since I have the plaintext SOAP-Envelope, I need ZSI to parse it,
> extract the functions and argument of the envelope (RPC call) and call the
> corresponding function. I just cannot figure out where to start in ZSI.
>
> Can someone help me out which function to call/ class to create? I just want
> to enter the ZSI process where this step is done and then give control to
> ZSI, as if it received the SOAP-envelope from its own webserver.

It sounds like you've figured out the Twisted side alright, but you
don't know how to use ZSI's APIs to do what you want. Perhaps you
should ask the ZSI community about that.

FWIW, I'd love to see twisted.web.soap to be updated to use ZSI, since
it's still using the crappy SOAPpy. If you come up with a general soap
service layer like twisted.web.soap, it may be interesting to include
it in Twisted.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery