[Twisted-Python] Teach Me Twisted?

Jaime Wyant programmer.py at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:45:24 EST 2008

I think this is a wonderful idea.  But, be sure to remember those not
fortunate enough to attend PyCon (me :)), and keep transcripts or video, or
some medium.

But the big question is, what will they teach you?  You should have an idea
of some type of network application you want to build.  Obviously it should
be something that would touch on a lot of different facets of twisted.  Or
maybe it would be better to have smaller "example" applications that show
off neat things like conch.

However it pans out, I definitely think this is a great idea...

jw

On Jan 23, 2008 7:04 AM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Hi, Twisters:
>
> I've been lurking on the list a while, and wondered how much of a
> Twisted presence there is going to be at PyCon in March.
>
> The reason I ask is because of a conversation that I had with Glyph
> recently.  We both agreed that it would be a good thing to have more
> learning materials available for Twisted.
>
> One possible solution would be to run an open space session at PyCon in
> which experienced users explain to a novice how to get started in the
> Twisted environment.
>
> Of course the idea is that I should be the novice (I really don't know
> that much about Twisted) and that you should be the people explaining to
> me and (hopefully) leading me through to the Nirvana of twisted
> enlightenment.
>
> Naturally this idea won't work unless experienced Twisted users get
> behind it.  I would like your suggestions for preliminary reading,
> though I don't want around arrive at the conference knowing too much.
>
> Is this a good idea?
>
> regards
>  Steve
> --
> Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC              http://www.holdenweb.com/

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
Ronald Reagan