[Twisted-Python] ldaptor and bind

Tommi Virtanen tv at eagain.net
Mon Jan 7 19:16:57 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 01:06:31AM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> I just need to understand how I can modify an LDAPFilter instance and I'll
> be done. You said it is not a string, so is there a way to easily change
> it? Otherwise, where is the filter converted from string to LDAPFilter?

Filters don't travel on the wire as strings at all. It's a structured
data type. Look around in pureldap.py, LDAPFilter_and etc. Ldaptor
also includes a brief introduction to LDAP, including the filters;
look in doc, or see http://eagain.net/temp/ldap-intro/

It sounds like you might be more intersted in request.attributes than
the filter, though.

--