[Twisted-Python] ldaptor and bind

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Mon Jan 7 17:05:10 EST 2008

Tommi Virtanen ha scritto:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:28:34PM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
>>   class LDAPServerFactory (protocol.ServerFactory):
>
> Oh, using ldaptor as a server with authentication is a bit pointless,
> as it has no access control whatsoever. Unless you are going to
> implement that yourself. The server part is not intended for
> production use, as is.

mmm...

so, to summarize:

1) does it support bind? I think so, even though I'm not able to make it
work by now.

2) it doesn't support access control, but for what I've seen class
LDAPServer has a handle_LDAPSearchRequest method. I think I have to
modify its behavior, especially when it calls root.lookup(dn). Do think
that subclassing LDAPServer might be a good way of doing it?

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.