[Twisted-Python] ldaptor and bind

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Mon Jan 7 13:48:58 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm developing an application based on ldaptor and I need some help.

My scenario is a public address book, let's say
ou=Addressbook,dc=domain,dc=com and some private address books, suppose
ou=John,ou=Addressbook,dc=domain,dc=com ,
ou=Peter,ou=Addressbook,dc=domain,dc=com and so on.

So, I need to specify that ou=John,ou=Addressbook,dc=domain,dc=com can
be accessed by cn=John,dc=domain,dc=com , so that by binding with a user
I can look both in the public address book and in the private one.

Do you have some examples or documentation explaining that?

By now I'm stuck while trying to bind to do non-anonymous requests, but
whatever I do I always get invalid credentials. Which objectClass do I
need to be able to bind?

Thanks,

Ottavio

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.