[Twisted-Python] Is AMP a bidirectional protocol?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:46:56 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:10 PM, David Ripton <dripton at ripton.net> wrote:
>  It was non-obvious to me too.
>
>  You call callRemote on the server-side Protocol to send a message to the
>  client side.
>
>  I have a little demonstration PyGTK / AMP chat program at
>  http://ripton.net/hg/ampchat/

I tried to look at your demo chat program, but all I could find was a
mercurial summary page.  Do I need to install mercurial and check it
out using that URL?  (I've never used mercurial)

I don't quite understand what you mean by "on the server-side
Protocol."  I have multiple clients connected to the server
simultaneously, so if you mean (in the case of
http://djfroofy.livejournal.com/3509.html ) calling
TheServer.callRemote, then I don't see how it would know _which_
client to send the message to.  I'm obviously misunderstanding
something!

~ Nathan