[Twisted-Python] twisted application server

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Feb 27 06:46:27 EST 2008

On 11:11 am, coder_gus at lavabit.com wrote:
>So, my question is: is this kind of architecture good to implement?
>(asynchronous server and threaded workers)

You might want to consider using process workers instead of thread
workers, using spawnProcess and a simple control protocol.  This is
easier to debug, since threads are painful to figure out, and it also
scales better - you escape python's GIL and can take advantage of
multiple cores, but even if it weren't for that, you can switch
spawnProcess to some kind of remote connection API and run your
processes remotely.