[Twisted-Python] Re: How to make a secure connection between two computers

Martin Geisler mg at daimi.au.dk
Mon Feb 18 15:19:03 EST 2008

Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> writes:

>> There's also TLSLite, which includes Twisted support. I don't have
>> any first-hand experience with it either, though.
>
> TLSLite is very very nice. I've used it to write an EAP-supporting
> radius server (for debugging only, real people should use FreeRadius)
> incidentally in Twisted.
>
> In particular I find the TLSLite/Twisted integration nice because of
> the protocol wrapping approach (rather than magic methods and
> __class__ fiddles on the transport). The TLSConnection objects also
> make it quite a bit easier to get at some of the TLS-related items.
> The fallback to pure-python can be handy in a pinch too.

I have just looked at it and it does look nice! Especially that it
supports so many backends which should make it possible to find a good
cross-platform one my project can use.

> It's somewhat a shame it's public domain rather than an explicit
> license.

Personally, then as long as people use the GPL or something with less
restrictions, then I am okay with it!

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.