[Twisted-Python] snmp

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Fri Feb 1 20:59:48 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 17:39 -0800, Fred C wrote:
> Hi
>
> For a project I need to fiddle with snmp. I did a search on google and
> an I have found a lot of mailing list archives about twistedsnmp and
> pysnmp. All these post seems very old (more than 4 years old), and out
> of fashion. Can some one tell me what people are using these days to
> plain with snmp ?

Hi Fred,

Check out libsnmp: http://www.seafelt.com/libsnmp. It works with
twisted, but can also be used without it.

For an example of how to use it with twisted, see the code at:
http://www.seafelt.com/software/seafelt-daily/sources/, specifically
lib/seafelt/poller_snmp.py.

I wrote libsnmp, and have plans to merge it into twisted proper (which
has been discussed on this list recently), but doing so is likely to
take a while.

--
Justin Warren <daedalus at eigenmagic.com>