[Twisted-Python] FTP LIST

Simply for IT simply4it at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 06:52:56 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I just have started to study twistedmatrix in my spare time couple of weeks
ago. I am satisfied with the books, but as they are very terse, and they are
not really FTP related, I could not figure out how the FTP is working.

I would like to be able to filter/modify the LIST(ing) process. Eg after
list(ing) the result should not list any .py files even if they are there.

I have tried to look after IFTPShell, but no success sofar. Here is a code
snipplet from the "official" testcases - or even from twisted.ftp)

    def requestAvatar(self, avatarId, mind, *interfaces):
         for iface in interfaces:
            if iface is ftp.IFTPShell:
                avatar = ftp.FTPShell(filepath.
FilePath(self.root))
                return ftp.IFTPShell, avatar, getattr(avatar, 'logout',
lambda: None)

Could anybody give me any advice, where to start, please?

Any help  would be appreciated.

Greg