[Twisted-Python] SSH Server with commands filtering

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Dec 18 09:01:36 EST 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:38:55 +0200, Tzury Bar Yochay <tzury.by at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I am willing to deploy on my server an SSH daemon which I can control
>what commands can be executed, and by who.
>After playing with jailkit [link] I realised that implementing my own
>SSH server will give me more power and scalability (especially
>regarding of users, keys and accounts management).
>
>Naturally I approached twisted knowing it will solve this problem as a
>smart kiddo solves a simple safari puzzle.
>
>Playing with samples found on the web and at Twisted docs, I realised
>that twisted has everything I need for the task, but I am missing the
>knowledge of how to glue it all together.
>
>In fact, a command if not working on the first strike, works on the second try.

Can you have git be more verbose about what it's going?  If it is running
OpenSSH's ssh client, can you have it pass -v (verbose) a few times?  That
might provide more hints about what's going wrong.  You should also try
enabling Twisted logging in your SSH server to see if any useful information
is available there.

Jean-Paul