[Twisted-Python] twisted eat the memory

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Dec 15 12:49:08 EST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:31:39 +0300, Muaaz Hussain <muaazhussain128 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I wrote web application on twisted and my application read from ulogd daemon
>and push the output to the client browser using AJAX  .also I have another
>application displaying ethernets traffic using AJAX.
>but after some minutes the twisted process in the server eat the memory and
>the OOM-killer of the linux will kill the twisted process.
>are there any solution to make the twisted release the memory .
>
>note: my ram is 256mb

This isn't a feature of Twisted, so there's no simple flag you can pass
or alternate API you can use to avoid it.  Perhaps you can share a minimal,
self-contained example program which produces this behavior and someone can
point out what the cause of the memory use is.  Make sure the example is
short (does not contain code unrelated to the high memory usage) and can be
run to produce the problem.

Jean-Paul