[Twisted-Python] monitoring net resources with twisted

Sidharth Jain sidharth.jain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:57:43 EST 2008

Marteen ,

I certainly don't want to reinvent the wheel by building anything similar to
nagios.

I want to build a small deployable framework without any web-interface or
gui , which doesn't use any web server and should run without any manual
intervention most of the time. It can also be regarded as an automation tool
which will act on data collected after monitoring different hosts at regular
intervals. Depending the state of the resource (host/server) task could be
dynamically assigned to each of the available resources.

I think i wrongly stated my objective earlier, i should be dynamic resource
allocation through net monitoring .

-Sid J