[Twisted-Python] XMPP server connection question

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Dec 2 02:34:19 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I wrote an XMPP client and I have a question, when it tries to connect
and the server is not listening, it doesn't send back an error and tries
forever. I see that this function (twisted/names/srvconnect.py):

def _ebGotServers(self, failure):
        failure.trap(DNSNameError)

        # Some DNS servers reply with NXDOMAIN when in fact there are
        # just no SRV records for that domain. Act as if we just got an
        # empty response and use fallback.

        self.servers = []
        self.orderedServers = []

traps the exception so it never propagates to me, so I can't handle it.
Any ideas? I using the XMPP client example as a base for my code.

Thank you,
Gabriel