[Twisted-Python] Use the Launchpad plugin on our trac? (was Fwd: Bugzilla and Trac Launchpad plugins: Request for beta testers)

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Aug 27 10:21:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:54:57 -0400, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>I got stuck when I got to the part of the installation which called for
>the addition of the LAUNCHPAD_RPC permission to the launchpad user.  The
>LAUNCHPAD_RPC permission isn't recognized and trac-admin refuses to add
>    Command failed: LAUNCHPAD_RPC is not a valid action.
>Any suggestions?

Alright, feel free to ignore that.  Purely an administrative error on my

>Also, it seems like it might be a good idea to recommend on the installation
>instructions page that the ability to register a new user named "launchpad"
>be disabled before enabling this plugin.  Otherwise anyone can come along
>and gain launchpad-level access to a tracker.

I have a couple other questions, also.

What's with the "(Private)" bugs which show up on this page?

Who controls the list of projects that show up in the "related projects"
box on that page?  What does it mean to be a "related project"?  Does it
mean bugs for those projects can get synchronized with the upstream bug
tracker, or is it just general information?