[Twisted-Python] Twisted and D-BUS

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 19 12:58:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Pedro Sanchez <psanchez at nortel.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 09:56 -0400, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>> Sorry, I have one more thing to add:
>>
>> I pray that you only have to use recent versions of dbus and
>> dbus-python. If you have to maintain compatibility with older versions
>> (like those shipped with Ubuntu 6.06 or 7.04), may God have mercy on
>> your soul.
>>
> Thanks for the advice. I will be using Ubuntu 8.04.1 as my development
> platform with twisted 2.5. I hope this will be OK, or do I need to move
> to the latest twisted 8.1?
>
> Thanks,

There's nothing in Twisted 8 that will specifically help with dbus
integration, as far as I know, but there are a number of other
improvements that may be interesting to you for other reasons. I
suggest you check out the release news

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/tags/releases/twisted-8.1.0/NEWS%3Fformat%3Draw

That link contains release notes for 8.0 and 8.1, i.e., all changes since 2.5.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery