[Twisted-Python] Twisted and D-BUS

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 19 09:56:06 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Christopher Armstrong
<radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Pedro Sanchez <psanchez at nortel.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'd like to get your opinion on using the D-Bus within a twisted
>> application. Would the Python D-Bus binding at
>> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/doc/tutorial.html
>> work with twisted? is there a recommended approach?
> Yes, it works. All you have to do is make sure you use the glib2 or
> gtk2 Twisted reactor, and then make sure you use the glib/gobject
> event loop integration from dbus-python.

Sorry, I have one more thing to add:

I pray that you only have to use recent versions of dbus and
dbus-python. If you have to maintain compatibility with older versions
(like those shipped with Ubuntu 6.06 or 7.04), may God have mercy on
your soul.

Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery