[Twisted-Python] HTTP interface to a program using twisted

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 05:25:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:48:10AM +0200, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a program using twisted and I'd like it to obtain it's data via
> the HTTP protocol. The idea is that the clients will connect to a

It's best to ask such questions on the twisted-web list.

> service using HTTP and will send it data encapsulated in the HTTP. The
> data will be extracted and sent on to another service to process  it,
> which will in turn send the processed data back to the HTTP service to
> send back to the client. I think twisted.web and/or twisted.web2 should
> be used for this, is that correct? I don't quite get the difference in
> between web/web2, could someone please enlighten me? I have read the
> documentation but it doesn't say much.

Use twisted.web - twisted.web2 will have all its good bits stolen and
put into .web, then be (I guess) deprecated:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedWebPlan

Can someone with access re-add this prominent link to the twistedmatrix
front page?