[Twisted-Python] twisted.web2's equivalent to setHeader?

inhahe inhahe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 04:46:09 EDT 2008

It took some searching, but I found something that states directly that
Twisted doesn't support pipelining (
http://www.dalkescientific.com/writings/diary/archive/2006/08/28/levels_of_abstraction.html-
". Twisted doesn't support HTTP/1.1 pipelining and neither does
urllib.")
I think I read elsewhere that web2 does support pipelining, but I'm not sure
if FireFox is using pipelining with twisted.web2; it uses heuristics to
determine whether to use pipelining or not (provided you enabled pipelining)
based on the server type.  Wikipedia says most servers support pipelining so
I assume Apache does, so I was thinking I could make web2 pose as an Apache
server by doing setHeader("Server", "Apache/2.2.8(Unix)"), but I get this
error..

            ctx.setHeader("Server", "Apache/2.2.8(Unix)")
        exceptions.AttributeError: 'Request' object has no attribute
'setHeader'

so how do I set a header using web2?