[Twisted-Python] Location of remote errors with PB

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 13:48:43 EDT 2008

Yi Qiang wrote:
> When you create your server factory, you can optionally pass in a
> parameter called unsafeTracebacks=True. This will give the client the
> whole traceback I believe.
>
>     client_factory = pb.PBServerFactory(p, unsafeTracebacks=True)

Thanks Yi, I hadn't clocked that.

After it ran with PBServerFactory, I checked the docs for
PBClientFactory which claim to have a similar parameter for __init__

So I did this with my inherited class:

class pbFactory(pb.PBClientFactory):
    def __init__(self, name, signOn):
        self.name = name
        self.DoSignOn = signOn
        pb.PBClientFactory.__init__(self, unsafeTracebacks = True)

But got this:

    pb.PBClientFactory.__init__(self, unsafeTracebacks = True)
exceptions.TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument
'unsafeTracebacks'

I guess I should post a ticket about this?

First time for everything!

Thanks

Si

--