[Twisted-Python] April 20th Sprint Report
exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Apr 21 11:03:46 EDT 2008
The first TSF sponsored Twisted sprint is done. Here's a quick rundown of
some of the things that happened.
* Glyph Lefkowitz made a huge dent in the current review queue, dealing
with more than half of the outstanding tickets.
* After some discussion about the value of a bugfix-only release vs a
normal bugfix and feature enhancement release, Christopher Armstrong
got the wheels rolling on 8.1.0 (which will be of the latter type).
You probably already saw the pre1 announcement. Give it a spin!
* Paul Swartz continued to strive towards the goal of Twisted Conch
being as soft and cuddly as a little bunny rabbit.
* Ying Li worked on permission and ownership features for FilePath.
* Jeff Mancuso came by for a while and talked about Twisted Conch
performance (and did some benchmarks) and SFTP access control
* Roland Hedberg got his hands dirty in pyOpenSSL working on adding
an API to get arbitrary X509v3 extensions.
* Itamar Shtull-Trauring helped out all around.
* I finished fixing some reactor startup and shutdown issues introduced
We also discussed Twisted's backwards compatibility policy, guided
mostly by Jonathan Lange's email of the 18th to this list, with the
goal of creating an official document.
The next sprint is tentatively scheduled for May 18th at the Divmod office.
More information about the Twisted-Python