[Twisted-Python] documentation / kqueue / feedback

Nitro nitro at dr-code.org
Thu Apr 17 04:41:01 EDT 2008

Am 17.04.2008, 08:49 Uhr, schrieb Gabriel Rossetti
<mailing_lists at evotex.ch>:

> there are links that are always broken, like for example :
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/process.html,
> if you look at this line :
>
> "If you only need the final exit code (like
> |commands.getstatusoutput(cmd)[0]|), the
> |twisted.internet.utils.getProcessValue
> <http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/twisted.internet.utils.getProcessValue>|
> function is useful."
>
> The link being :
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/twisted.internet.utils.getProcessValue
>
> All those types of links in the howtos/tutorials are bad. Should I write
> a bugreport? If so, would an explanation like the one above suffice (I
> can't find all the links in the tutorials that are bad)?

Couldn't "find broken links" be automated in some way? Whenever the docs
are build there would be a simple python script extracting all hrefs out
of the generated html document then. Then it would try to access each one
of them and write the failed ones inluding the document they appeared in
into a log file or something?

-Matthias