[Twisted-Python] documentation / kqueue / feedback

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Apr 16 17:10:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:25:48 +0200, Dr aio <dr.pythoniac at googlemail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> (FreeBSD) ... so you
>> have only to worry about kqueue issues (which therve and others have already
>> done a ton of work on).
>
>Would someone listen, please ?
>
>Actually py-kqueue 1.4 IS WORKING on my FreeBSD.
>I stressed it a little bit on my devel box, a P4, 1.8GHz, 768MB box
>and it delivered nicely - around 300 connections/s with a payload of
>around 2.5 KB delivered by a simple rpy. (with system load of ca.
>0.75)
>
>The problem is only, when it's daemonized. then it breaks (see my
>earlier post for detailled output)

To clarify what I think is a miscommunication:

When a Twisted developers says something like "KQueue doesn't work" what
that means specifically is that:

    trial --reactor=kqueue twisted

results in some test failures.  It may indeed seem to work for your
application, and it may even *actually* work for your application, but
the way we know if it is working or not is whether it can pass the full
test suite.  We need this so we can judge whether changes are introducing
regressions or not.

Jean-Paul