[Twisted-Python] Twisted+setuptools fun ;-)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Apr 11 22:58:39 EDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
> # Declare dependencies only if setuptools is being used
> if 'setuptools' in sys.modules:
>     setup_args["install_requires"] = [
>         "IPython",
>         "Twisted>=8.0.1",
>     ]
> Processing Twisted-8.0.1.tar.bz2
> Running Twisted-8.0.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
> /tmp/easy_install-_TNbx3/Twisted-8.0.1/egg-dist-tmp-JztrBh
> error: Setup script exited with twisted.python.dist module not found.
> Make sure you have installed the Twisted core package before
> attempting to install any other Twisted projects.

I didn't have this problem when I did this with Twisted 8.0.0.

I am working on a scheme to make our buildbot [1] do this
automatically, and once I've done I'll post to this list.

Meanwhile, note that what your setup.py did was untar the Twisted
tarball into a temp dir, cd into it, and run "setup.py -q bdist_egg --
dist-dir=$OTHER_TEMP_DIR".

Maybe you should try that by hand and see what happens.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://allmydata.org/buildbot/waterfall?show_events=false