[Twisted-Python] April 20 Sprint

alex clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:07:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Valentino Volonghi <dialtone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM,  <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
>
>  >  Also, if you want to host a parallel sprint in a different city, it would
>  > be great to keep the momentum rolling all the way across the globe; we could
>  > reduce review latency by having reviews taking place at the sprints as well,
>  > after the earlier ones have ended.  Sydney and the Bay Area, I'm talking to
>  > you.  The sun never sets on the Twisted empire, after all.  And that is why
>  > we must destroy it, so we can all get some rest.
>
>  Sunday 20 wouldn't be bad for me. I have spare time sunday and sprinting
>  on twisted.web is a nice thing to do, maybe implementing HTTP 1.1 for
>  real rather
>  than simply chunking (which I still need to finish)?

Hi,
Would it be possible for someone to give a high level over-view
of the current state of the web/web2 code in Twisted?

I know that even pretty recently there was a thread
discussing web/web2, but it looks like (from our view, the regular users :)
that things are changing again.  In particular this ticket:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3142

Which contains this comment from a core developer:
"twisted.web2 is being phased out in favor of twisted.web."

For those who have been following the web/web2 state for
some time now, they might be a little confused as this point.

I myself having been using twisted.web2 for a while now,
and I also know of several other projects that are doing the same.
I also have done a good amount of diving into the source code,
trying to maybe someday understand enough to contribute back,
and I hope to keep up with the current status as best as possible.

Any comments that point towards the current state of any of the parts
of web/web2 (what's "good", what's "bad", in the developers' opinion),
would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the great code,
Alex