[Twisted-Python] Re: ??: Twisted 8.0.1 for Python 2.5 for Windows is missing Zope

Sergey A. Lipnevich sergey at optimaltec.com
Thu Apr 3 06:50:52 EDT 2008

zooko wrote:
>> Most likely, but zope.interface on Windows would require Visual Studio
>> 2003. I tried easy_install but couldn't complete it.
>
> The error message that says "Python was built with Visual Studio version
> 7.1, and extensions need to be built with the same version of the
> compiler" isn't true.

My console message was explicitly about Visual Studio 2003 (probably
because it's Python 2.5), and the machine had Visual Studio 2005 (and
2008) installed so the message was not without merit ;-).

> Install gcc (I recommend cygwin, but mingw will also work), and put the
> following stanza into your distutils config file:

Isn't it a bad idea to mix MSVC-built Python and Cygwin GCC-built
extensions in the same process?

> [build]
> compiler=mingw32
>
> (You put "compiler=mingw32" regardless of whether you've installed the
> cygwin version of gcc or the mingw version of gcc.)

I can do "python setup.py build -c mingw32," even better :-).

Thank you!

Sergey.