[Twisted-Python] Web Proxy that does something different once a day

Fred Trotter fred.trotter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:35:24 EDT 2007

Hello,
         I am new to python and I am potentially interested in writing
a new protocol with Twisted.  However I wanted to start with a simpler
problem that I have been working on, so that I can understand better
how twisted works.

        A particular client wants to enforce a home page for the first
internet connection each day. They have a intranet portal that gives
messages to employees and they want to be sure that each employee, no
matter how they have their homepage set, will see the messages the
first time they connect. After the first connection they want the
proxy to simply forward requests to the internet without filtering.

        Since I need to understand this issue for my other project
too, how do I get the python loop do one thing based on a "new day"
for an IP address and then do something else after that action has
been completed. Example code that addresses my problem would be great,
but I would be happy to have links to examples that do this...

Thanks!!

--
Fred Trotter
http://www.fredtrotter.com