[Twisted-Python] Multiple Twisted Application Plugins in the same directory?

Beau Hargis beau at subobscur.us
Wed Sep 12 17:06:50 EDT 2007

I started creating my services as twisted application plugins. When adding a second service as a plugin in the same directory as the first I get an error that the reactor was already installed. If I comment out the import of the reactor in one then I can start the other application. Neither the tutorial nor the source indicate what is going on except that it checks to see if a reactor is already installed at some point. What is the nuance here? Should I just go back to .tac files for these apps?