Twisted does NOT require Zope!!! (Re: [Twisted-Python] twistd doesn't work)

glyph at glyph at
Fri Sep 7 02:02:21 EDT 2007

On 05:36 am, langford.d at wrote:
>  I did have the latest Twisted 2.5.0 installed. But I don't think i had
>latest python installed. I installed that and now python doesnt see
>I downloaded the latest tarball again and when i tried to install it
>python install) it tells me i need zope (which it didn't last

Twisted does not, has never, and *will* never require Zope.  It requires
Zope Interface, which is a separate, isolated library used by, and
developed for, Zope.  Get it here:

This is not the first time I've heard this misunderstanding.  How could
we have more clearly worded the error message that you saw so that you'd
notice that Zope Interface is not Zope?
>So i've downloaded the latest stable zope but it wont let me install
>it isn't supported by the latest version of python.

Download the latest Zope Interface from the URL above.  It's supported
by Python 2.5, and it works fine.