[Twisted-Python] Properly handling Connection Refused

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Sep 5 17:26:50 EDT 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:24:44 -0700 (PDT), Beau Hargis <beau at subobscur.us> wrote:
>That small script worked as it should. The traceback is exactly the same as in my application. I just wonder where the '[Uninitialized]' is coming from. How is it ending up like that? Is it getting garbage collected for some reason? I can't catch the state of the port fast enough to see if it's anything else in the stack. I am using the poll reactor. I will change it back to the default select reactor and see if I see a problem with it again and see what other tracing I can do.

The "Uninitialized" probably isn't something to worry about.  It's just the
Twisted logging system noticing no one has given it a name for the event
source producing log messages.  I think someone even filed a ticket today
to fix one case which results in this.  In any case, it's just the logging
system, it shouldn't affect anything else.

Jean-Paul