Tell us how you're using Twisted (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Win32 IOCPReactor?)

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at
Tue Sep 4 10:12:36 EDT 2007

[ Itamar Shtull-Trauring ]:
|Anyway, since this is bringing users out into the open - I'm sure we'd
|all like to hear what Twisted is being used for in different companies,
|and under which platforms. Do tell!
|My company uses Twisted for a variety of uses, including reliable
|multicast data distribution, messaging, monitoring and managing complex
|processes, in the airline industry. (
|How about you all?

We did several things with this great great great tool, but the biggest
one was to implement an MRCP [1] server that binds with a Text-To-Speech
(TTS) engine for Brazilian Portuguese. It runs on Linux, Windows and Solaris.

Unfortunately the company [2] that commissioned the project from me did not
gave me permission to open up the code. Nevertheless, I am available to
comment about it and help any endeavour to make a open version of it.

Sorry about the time warp.

Rod Senra