[Twisted-Python] Perspective broker and pipes

Nitro nitro at dr-code.org
Wed Oct 31 03:41:10 EDT 2007

Hello,

I wrote a pb application which also uses udp sockets. It works nicely. Now
there's the situation where client and server are both located on the same
machine. This means I could just connect to localhost and everything
works. Unfortunately some firewalls warn about connections. I want to
avoid this.
So I thought about replacing the transports in pb with pipes instead of
sockets if the server and client are both on the same machine. I'd have to
do the same for my custom udp solution. Doing it for my custom udp code is
easy, but how do I do this with pb?
Do I just have to create some kind of reactor.createPipe() thing or is
there more to it?

Thanks for your help,
-Matthias