[Twisted-Python] Need some help with my first Twisted program

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Fri Oct 26 11:41:50 EDT 2007

I'm trying various things to do what you suggest, but the Twisted API
docs are hard for me to follow sometimes.

I tried making "eofReceived" and "closed" just print a debug line (after
calling my "connectionLost function didn't appear to do anything), and
neither appeared to fire when I closed the ssh client.  I tried looking
up other examples I could possibly follow on the net, but came up only
with the same examples that are on the Twisted site.  I can't even
figure out where "trans" comes from or what it is :( .

Could you point me in the direction of a better example?  I assumed that
I could find what I needed if I dug hard enough in the API docs, but I
just kept reaching dead ends.

Thanks for all your help!
--Brian