[Twisted-Python] Need some help with my first Twisted program

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Oct 19 16:29:01 EDT 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:13:20 -0400, "McCann, Brian" <bmccann at andmore.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for what is probably an simple solution I can't figure out
>on my own.  I'm writing an SSH server based on the example on the web
>(using conch).  I'm trying to figure out how to detect when the client
>exists (for example, when I just close out PuTTY), but I can't get this
>to work right.  Looking through the API docs I found "connectionLost()",
>which I put in my protocol class (EchoProtocol in the example), but it's
>never getting called.
>
>Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You seem to be on the right track.  However, you haven't supplied enough
details for anyone to be sure why it isn't behaving as you expect.  If you
can post a minimal example of a program which you think should be working
(ie, giving you connection lost notification) but isn't, then someone can
probably point you to a solution.

Jean-Paul