[Twisted-Python] [newbie] server script with client functionality

Evert Rol evert.rol at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:43:39 EDT 2007

   Hi Johann,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I'm new to Twisted, so I'm not sure where to find information on
>> this.
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tutorial/
> client.html

I had looked at the tutorial, but admittedly not gone all the way, as
it didn't seem to address my problem. But it looks like this part of
the tutorial actually does.

Then again, by that time, I felt a bit daunted by the Twisted
framework (Protocols, Services, Factories and what not, all hooked
into each other). So I've switched back to the socket module. While
less neat, it does have the additional advantage that when exporting
my script to other people, I don't have to ask them to install
Twisted as well.
But perhaps, in time, I will give Twisted another try. I'll certainly
play with a few times more, to see if I can get the hang of it.

Anyway, thanks again,

   Evert

ps: ah yes, I did mean reactor.run(). I had already gotten somewhat
confused with the terminology.