[Twisted-Python] Advise for heavy concurrency

Atilla theatilla at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:47:21 EST 2007

I doubt I'll be running 4 heavy cpu-bound processes on a 4-core
system, I'd prefer to leave 1 core "free" for all the rest of
monitoring/logging tasks.

What causes the CPU overload in such a case? Currently I keep a custom
many-to-many like structure, which has O(1) access time and need to
forward the same message to N clients that are returned from that
structure, for each incoming packet, at worst. I could potentially
pre-pack the exact network message to avoid generating it for each of
them, which at this point is the largest overhead. Although I'm not
sure how much I can save like that.