[Twisted-Python] Sequential use of asynchronous calls

Benjamin Henry bhenry at pacecocorp.com
Tue May 29 12:09:45 EDT 2007

________________________________

From: twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com
[mailto:twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com] On Behalf Of
glyph at divmod.com
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:42 AM
To: Twisted general discussion
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] Sequential use of asynchronous calls

On 05:20 pm, gabor.bernath at gmail.com wrote:
>inlineCallbacks are similar to what you are doing. very cool stuff.

Unless I misunderstand, inlineCallbacks isn't just similar, it's exactly
the same :).  Is there any difference?

This highlights to me that we need someone to write about more of the
hidden corners of Twisted; there are a lot of features included that are
not well-known, and it's not clear that anyone would look for them (or
if they did, where).

This is a great idea.  inlineCallbacks would have saved me a week of
figuring out which functions to start a new callback chain should be in
my project.  I had to figure this all out after I realized that adbapi
existed.  I think there is a need for documentation in the deferred
section regarding inlineCallbacks, and documentation related to
protocols (more) and modules that exist for common operations (i.e.
adbapi).  Just my 2 cents from trying to learn twisted in my freetime
over the last 8 months or so.

-Ben