Tell us how you're using Twisted (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Win32 IOCPReactor?)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon May 21 08:34:52 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 08:13 -0400, Ray Cote wrote:
> At 5:55 PM -0400 5/19/07, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> >
> >Next question - who runs servers on *Windows*? :)
>
> We do [Raises hand].
> Twisted built with Py2Exe and running as an NT service.
> Have delivered several different applications in this configuration
> for clients.
> --Ray

Oh, I certainly understand running on Windows when clients pay you to do
so. I was just surprised people do so on internal servers when they do
have a choice.

Anyway, since this is bringing users out into the open - I'm sure we'd
all like to hear what Twisted is being used for in different companies,
and under which platforms. Do tell!

My company uses Twisted for a variety of uses, including reliable
multicast data distribution, messaging, monitoring and managing complex
processes, in the airline industry. (http://itasoftware.com)

How about you all?