[Twisted-Python] Win32 IOCPReactor?

Volodymyr Orlenko orlenko at gmail.com
Sun May 20 21:03:22 EDT 2007

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Well... it's probably hard to find something as powerful and extensive
> as Twisted. So if your choice is building all this infrastructure on
> some other framework, or just helping improve Twisted's IOCP support (if
> you find it necessary), why not do the later? :)

I guess you are right. I've worked with IOCP back in my C++ days, and I
really liked the performance. Maybe what I should do is put together a
simple application and do some benchmarking, to compare performance of
IOCP reactor and select reactor on Windows (and of my existing
application, which uses TurboGears/CherryPy and Python's built-in XMLRPC
server). I'll keep you posted.

Is this
<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/branches/iocpreactor-1760-3> the
branch you mentioned?