[Twisted-Python] Win32 IOCPReactor?

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Fri May 18 08:44:38 EDT 2007

I'm new to Twisted.  Perusing the documentation, I came across
IOCPReactor.  It's marked as 'extremely experimental', and it appears it
only provides support for TCP events.

It seems the last check in to anything IOCPReactor-related was back in
2005.  Is it dead?  Is anyone using it?  Is anyone planning to pick
development back up?  Were there specific issues with IOCP that impeded
development, or just a general lack of people with time, inclination, or
Win32-fu?

Assuming the IOCPReactor's not feasible for high load production
deployment, can anyone comment on how the default select()-based reactor
for Win32 fares under high load?

	Trent.