[Twisted-Python] hardcoded max in threadpool or connection pool ?

Jonathan Vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Wed Mar 21 19:02:11 EDT 2007

forgive my ignorance this week - i'm rusty on twisted.

I seem to be hitting a limit on threads / db connection ( not sure
which one , as db could block connection ) at 11

The only code i have influencing the sizes are as follows:

class MY_dbConnectionPool( adbapi.ConnectionPool ):
	def __init__( self ,):
		adbapi.ConnectionPool.__init__( self, 'psycopg2' ,
			cp_min= 16,
			cp_max= 16
reactor.suggestThreadPoolSize( 17 )

i never see more than 11 connections - in fact, i always see 11
connections -- 10 for the db the thread pool, and 1 for the db in the

i'm fairly sure if there's any error here it's going to be my fault
-- can someone point me in the right direction ?