[Twisted-Python] Twisted.Names assistance with auth and additional sections

Sean Leach kickdaddy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:42:25 EDT 2007

Ok...ignore my last post, jumped the gun, the additional and authority
still don't exist in the result object.  In addition, I tried your
example to make sure I wasn't crazy, and it doesn't return any result
data.  I know it's not a network issue or anything silly as I can
query a.root fine with dig and get the results.  Here is the session:

$ cat test.py
#!/usr/bin/python2.4
import time
from twisted.names import dns, client, _version
print _version.version
def errorHandler(error):
    print str(error)
r = client.Resolver(servers=[('198.41.0.4', 53)])
d = r.queryUDP([dns.Query('google.com', dns.IN,
dns.A)]).addErrback(errorHandler)
time.sleep(5)  ## give it a time for shitz and giggles
print d
print d.result

$ ./test.py
[twisted.names, version 0.4.0]
<Deferred at 0xB7BBBFECL>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 10, in ?
    print d.result
AttributeError: Deferred instance has no attribute 'result'