[Twisted-Python] using stdio with Twisted

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Mar 20 15:43:26 EDT 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:02:36 -0700, Neurophyre <listbox at evernex.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>After looking at your invective code a second time (somebody in  #twisted
>pointed me to it last night) I'm still not entirely sure how  ServerProtocol
>integrates.  It seems like you're mainly just using it  as a sort of
>container of constants to interpret special keystrokes  (like alt-whatever,
>or backspace or similar) and in the test cases to  produce such sequences.
>Is that its main use?

Well, it is also a protocol implementation for something like VT102.  A lot
of the tests bypass the byte-level stuff because that's not what's interesting
for what they're testing.  In your actual code, ServerProtocol is what is
responsible for calling keystrokeReceived with all of those interesting
values.

Jean-Paul