[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted for a SOAP/SIP gateway

Henrik Thostrup Jensen thostrup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:34:59 EDT 2007

Hi Pedro

On 3/15/07, Pedro Sanchez <psanchez at nortel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I will likely get to work on a gateway between SOAP-based Web Services
> and SIP-based services.

This sounds slightly strange in my ears, but thats probably just me.

I would like to explore the possibility of
> implementing it using the Twisted framework and I'd appreciate if you
> can give me suggestions on:
> 1. Which SOAP stack to use. I've heard that ZopeLib is the way to go
> these days.

You probably want ZSI:  http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

I know it has some twisted web resource that might be usefull.

I don't think there is any actual software called ZopeLib. SOAP and Zope has
similar phonetic sounds, so there might a misunderstanding here.

2. Which SIP stack to use.

There is twisted/protocols/sip.py. There is Shtoom (
http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/ShtoomProject) if you need voice over IP.

> I will eventually fire questions about the overall architecture the
> gateway software should have. Any hints here are welcome.

Start by understanding each of the above things before combining them :-)

   - Henrik