[Twisted-Python] Any examples of SNMP enabling a Twisted Server?

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Tue Mar 6 02:20:09 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 16:23 -0500, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> I was just wondering if there were any twisted server ( NOT CLIENT
> code ) that are SNMP enabled.
> I found lots of SNMP client code via google. But nothing on SNMP
> interface for a custom service?

What do you want to do? Respond to SNMP Get, GetNext, Set type requests
from within a Service?

There's two bits to this, really: One part is the encoding and decoding
of the SNMP packets, and one is having the server decide what to do
about SNMP packets it receives.

You'd have a Protocol that would listenUDP() on a port for incoming
packets, and implement datagramReceived() to decode the SNMP packets,
and then take some action based on the type and contents of the packet.
I have code for the first part, but the second part is all about how
your Service/server behaves.

Which bit did you want example code for?

--
Justin Warren <daedalus at eigenmagic.com>