[Twisted-Python] using a reactor in a loop

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 12:42:18 EST 2007

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:21:50 -0600, Tom Brown <brown at esteem.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use a reactor in a loop. The application will go through
> the
> loop twice then hang when trying to stop the protocol. Here's my loop:

The reactor provides an event loop already, so I am confused as to why
you are trying to run it inside another loop.  Based on the code you
have posted here, I can't ascertain what your goal is.

Generally speaking, you'd be better served by using the reactor's
loop instead of your own, and stopping/starting your listeners,
rather than the reactor itself.

Also, stopping the reactor from within a protocol is probably
not ideal.  That's sort of like telling your OS to shut down
when you're done saving a file ;)

Hope this helps,

L. Daniel Burr