[Twisted-Python] Testing with trial, adbapi questions

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Jun 25 16:12:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:57:50 -0500, Brendon Colby <brendoncolby at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>Hrm yes, I'm using Debian stock 2.4, but wouldn't be opposed to hand
>installing a few things (like twisted). I've done it many times. A
>quick check of deferredGenerator and inlineCallbacks...these look
>_exactly_ like what I'm asking for. I might just stick with 2.4 and

I just want to point out that neither deferredGenerator nor inlineCallbacks
does anything _new_ - they only provide an alternate API for defining
callbacks and errbacks (an API that lets you use code inline within a
single function without defining new functions).  If your code doesn't
execute in the right order without deferredGenerator, it won't execute
in the right order with deferredGenerator either.